The smallfishrecordings studio is based around Apple’s Logic Pro DAW, so there are 2 ways into a mix project….
Just one note: If you have used a virtual instrument in your project, use the “Bounce In Place” option so that it appears as audio
2) If using a different DAW, don’t worry, simply prepare either individual audio tracks, all starting at the same zero point (so I can line them up perfectly), or stems.
You can get these to the studio easily using my preferred solution Dropbox.com
If you need any technical assistance with any of this, I’ll walk you through the whole process – it’s easy.
So why ask the smallfish to mix your project? Here are some possible benefits:
◦ Quality – I have the very best hardware and software which you may not otherwise be able to take advantage of
◦ Advanced Techniques – I have many years of experience, allowing me to solve almost any technical issue with your audio
◦ Speed – I’ve already been up the learning curve – so you can focus on the music
◦ Resources – I can enhance your project with a wide range of virtual instrument and sample library material, from drums to atmospherics
◦ Production input – when required, I will add a Producer’s approach to your music to open up alternative possibilities
So now we are into fairly serious time investment.
Minor mixing tasks will sometimes be free depending on the scope of the project, otherwise budget for:
€80, $80, INR5000, £50 per track (Unsigned)
€160, $160, INR10000, £100 per track (Commercial)